County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests
Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses are by appointment only. Both parties must be 18 years of age or older. If a party is age 16 or 17, see the requirements under Obtaining a Marriage License.

To make an appointment, scan the QR code:

Or click here to schedule an appointment via the website.

Obtaining a Marriage License

Wyoming marriage licenses can only be used in the State of Wyoming and will expire one year from the date of issuance. There is no waiting period to obtain a license.

Applicants must be 18 years of age or older or meet the requirement for the rights to contract under W.S. 14-1-102, or have received a declaration of emancipation pursuant to W.S. 14-1-203. Applicants who are 16 or 17 must have written consent of a guardian and a competent witness, and a Wyoming court order. No person shall marry who is under the age of sixteen (16) years.

Licenses are issued between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays).

Contact our office at (307) 633-4256 if you have any questions.

Information needed to apply for license

Couples must appear in person and present a photo ID. Information needed includes:

  • Full legal name
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of birth
  • State or foreign country of birth
  • Current residential address
  • Parents’ full names including mother’s maiden name
  • State or foreign country in which parents were born
  • Divorce or death certificate if previously married
  • When couples return their completed licenses in person, a single certified copy of the marriage certificate may be issued by our office.

    For additional copies of your marriage certificate or to obtain a copy of a previously issued certificate, click here. Once created the license or certificate is considered a vital record and may only be disclosed pursuant to W.S. 35-1-427(a).


    Marriage License 30.00
    Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate 5.00
    Photocopy of Marriage Certificate 1.00

    Payable by cash, check, debit or credit card (convenience fees applicable).

    Additional Information

    Within 10 (ten) days after the ceremony, the completed license must be returned to the issuing County Clerk’s office.
    There is no waiting period, no residency requirement, and no requirement for a blood test. Licenses can only be used in the State of Wyoming. The marriage license will expire one year from the date of issuance.

    Civil Ceremony Information
    If you wish to have a circuit court judge or magistrate perform your civil ceremony, contact the Circuit Court at (307) 633-4298 to get information on fees and appointments. Two witnesses are required. Ceremonies are not performed after 3:30 p.m.
    We do not require documentation about an officiant's credentials; however, they must qualify by statute:

    Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per W.S. 20-1-106

    (a) Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.

    (b) In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses (of the age of majority) that they take each other as husband and wife.

    Birth and Death Certificates
    Birth and death certificates are recorded at the state level by Vital Statistics Services of the Wyoming Department of Health. Call Vital Statistics Services at (307) 777-7591 or visit the website at

    Public Information on Marriage License Indexes
    Handwritten marriage indexes prior to 1985 are available here. These indexes are scanned images of the large index books. Identify the 'book and page' of the index entry you need and contact our office to obtain a copy of the actual document. Copy charges will apply.